Wednesday, June 14, 2006

HERES WHAT FLEX FUEL IS!!!!


Geez, as much as I know about cars I always am amazed at how much I DON'T KNOW..!!!

Apparently FLEX-FUEL has been around and it has silently creeped into our vehicles since 2000.
DOES YOUR CAR RUN ON FLEX-FUEL (You may be surprised)

Introduced by FORD MOTOR COMPANY (FOMOCO) FLEX-FUEL vehicles use a mixture of gasoline and ethanol (hence the E85 rating). There are not many places to get this fuel mixture. And it appears they are just now mainstreaming it with logos in car commercials.

MAP OF FLEX-FUEL STATIONS (not many nation-wide)

The gas mileage appears to be the same BUT the emissions are lower. I drive a 2000 Mustang it is not flex-fuel capable BUT if it were I'd be curious about loss of power using this mixture versus the Mid and High Grade fuels that I use.


Until Next Time,


Joey Stubblefield


Online Since 1999! Connecting Buyers And Dealers Locally!

Find Your TRUE Book Value of your car

Auto Financing Basics

FREE GOLF LESSONS

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home